Search

Friday, July 16, 2010

Dan Gilbert = Awesome

For all those Dan Gilbert haters out there:

I am proud to have so loyal an owner. Here is someone who truly cares about turning Cleveland's sports fortunes around. I really believe he is committed to winning a championship and will spend whatever he has to spend to do it. Whether we will win one before Miami is a debatable question, but at least the guy is fearless and confident.

Gilbert recognized the utter betrayal that LeBron committed and had the guts to call him out for it. And he is absolutely right. All of this egotistical nonsense brought on by free agency is terrible for sports, and it is about time someone holds athletes accountable for their actions.

When I first read Gilbert's e-mail to the fans, I had a smile from ear to ear. I was shocked to hear the national outrage over his words. What I am discovering is that Cleveland fans love him for his statement, while everybody else seems to despise him for it. I guess you just need to have suffered the pain of Cleveland sports to appreciate the magnitude of LeBron's betrayal and what it means for an owner to back his team and his city. That's a far cry from an owner who sells his team and betrays his city.

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog! I always knew you would end up writing about sports at some point. I will visit as much as I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the sentiment behind it, but he should temper his comments if he ever wants any free agents to consider Cleveland as a team to play for. Dan Cox, Akron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know quite how to make sure my comments are on this blog, but I'm learning!! Wow, Bryan, I'm not surprised that you are writing about sports because you always have shown such a knowledge and love for so many different ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't worry too much about people not wanting to play for Gilbert, Dan. It's all about the bottom line. If he pays them more than other owners, they'll gladly play for him.

    ReplyDelete